Back to all posts

How not to ruin your migration reputation

Mohamed Aboshanab
posted on
September 2, 2021

After Brexit, any UK nationals are able to visit all European countries as visitors for up to 90 days for pleasure, medical treatment, family reasons, business, etc.

If you are a UK resident and would like to stay beyond 90 days, you should apply for a visa as other third nationalities. 

Any UK national is like an American, Canadian, or any other citizen. You have to go through different visa options available in each country. There’s no possibility to get one visa for all EU countries. 

E.g. If you visit Berlin, stay there for 80 days, and would like to extend your stay, you can apply for a certain visa which allows you to stay longer in Germany. 

UK residents don’t have a special status in the EU anymore. They have to follow the same guidelines as other non-EU nationals.

Some EU countries allow you to extend your visa during your stay in the country. In some other countries, you can extend your stay beyond 90 days. You have to leave the Schengen zone and then come back with a different visa to be considered as a long-term resident. 
And this kind of differentiation we will address with the VISXA platform to solve the problem.


UK national goes to Paris and in the airport, he gets the stamp on the passport that he entered the Schengen zone. He can travel around freely without new stamps. Before the 90 days expired he has to leave the Schengen zone. Otherwise, he can get a penalty and have problems. 

The EU authorities check it, and visitors need to have stamps IN and OUT. After 90 days it’s not allowed to enter the Schengen zone for at least 180 days.

Right now in the UK, the immigration scale is under development and changes. One of the easiest ways to come to the UK for EU nationals - to prove that they are skilled enough and will be able to look for a job.

Also, there are lots of opportunities for entrepreneurs, such as UK startup visas. If any EU-national would like to start a business in the UK, that could be considered a startup, he can apply for this visa. 

share this
Mohammed Aboshanab
Immigration Expert